Items for First Day
Please be sure your camper brings the following items on their FIRST day of Camp. Each item should be clearly labeled with you camper’s first and last name. These items will be left at Camp, and sent home at the end of each week:
- Name Tag– You will receive a printed name tag with your child’s name, division, and group prior to the summer. This will come in the mail prior to your camper’s first day. Keep it in a safe place as it’s needed on the first two days of your camper’s’ session!
- A change of clothing, including socks and underwear, and a sweatshirt and sweatpants packed in a clearly labeled plastic bag. This is important for even our big kids as well as you never know when you may get messy or wet at camp!
- Life-Jacket: (As of June 1st, 2021) For the 2021 Season, all campers should plan on bringing their own properly fitted Coast Guard approved, Type III PFD. These can be found in a variety of locations including Target and Wal-Mart as well as online. Be sure that the jacket is the appropriate size for your child.
- Sunscreen (at least SPF 15)- spray kind preferable, but not mandatory*
- Insect repellent– spray kind preferable, but not mandatory*
- Water-shoes for waterfront use ONLY – Water-shoes should have solid traction, should cover the whole foot, and be made for the water. Traditional crocs are not acceptable as they are slippery when wet, and slide right off in the water!
- To prevent injury, all campers should wear sneakers every day. NO OPEN TOED SHOES ARE ALLOWED AT CAMP.
*Please note sunscreen and bug spray should be applied BEFORE coming to Camp. Campers will reapply sunscreen throughout the day, particularly after AM and PM swim. Sprays are applied outside the bunk in well-ventilated areas. Counselors will supervise and assist when needed. Campers cannot share each other’s sunscreen or bug spray.
Items to Bring Every Camp Day
Please be sure your child brings the following things each day they come to Camp. Each item should be clearly labeled with you camper’s first and last name. These things will return home with your camper daily:
- LUNCH: Peanut and Tree-nut free please! And remember, we are unable to heat up items at Camp.
- 1 Bathing suit: If your child is scheduled for Swim first or second period of the day you may consider sending them already wearing a bathing suit, but be sure to pack underwear! For girls, 2 piece tankini’s or one-piece suits are great for play at Camp. Please consider saving bikini’s for vacation and trips to the beach. Swim wear should be comfortable and allow for full freedom of movement! Check out custom our Everwood UV Protective Wear from Gruvy Wear!
- A Towel (this will come home each afternoon).
- Goggles (optional – Goggles not recommended for Pre-K and K). Swim masks not allowed.
- Reusable water bottle – Please label clearly with your child’s name.
- Face Masks– 2-3 clean masks for use when indoors
- Hat (optional but strongly encouraged)
- Drawstring Bag (provided by Camp). For 2021, all campers will receive a drawstring bag on their first day, they can use to keep track of their water bottles and masks throughout their travel through camp. This will come home daily.
Items NEVER to Bring to Camp
- Personal sports equipment
- Toys, dolls, or stuffed animals
- Live animals of any kind
- Toys that in any way resemble or might be mistaken for any kind of weapon: this includes squirt guns!
- Trading cards
- Electronic Games
- iPods, iPads, iTouches, or tablets
- Cell phones or apple watches
- Money in any form
- Group snacks or special treats
Alcohol, cigarettes, illegal substances (we reserve the right to check belongings) or anything that can be used as a weapon, are strictly PROHIBITED. Campers found to have any of these items at camp will be immediately dismissed from Camp, and depending on the situation the appropriate authorities will be notified.
Label, Label, Label!
Put your camper’s FULL NAME on all items brought to Camp, either with a permanent laundry marker or labels. This will prevent too many items from going to the lost and found, and most importantly ensure that they come home with your camper!
Recommended Labeling Resources
- Use labels: We recommend Oliver’s Labels and if you click this link 20% of your purchase will go right to our scholarship fund!
- Stamp your camper’s name: www.namedropperstamper.com
- The good ol’ Permanent marker: www.sharpie.com
Counselors and Group Leaders will make every effort to make sure everything that comes to Camp with your Camper returns home, however, inevitably things get misplaced at Camp. Articles of clothing, water bottles, etc., that are left at Camp are collected weekly and brought to the Camp Office. Please call or email the office if your child has misplaced an item.
The Camp assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to camper’s personal property.