Everwood Day Camp – Sharon Resident Scholarship – 2021 Criteria
As part of our commitment to our local community, Everwood Day Camp is delighted to be offering a limited number of scholarships to the children of Sharon residents! There are a few different potential scholarship levels available, depending upon the income eligibility guidelines below. Aside from income, we look at number of children in the household and extenuating factors such as family member illness, family members in college, etc.
1. Camper candidate must be a Sharon resident. 2. Income Eligibility Guidelines: Annual combined household income*:
- of less than $75,000 AND household size of 2-4 are eligible for a 50% camper scholarship**
- of less than $75,000 AND household size of 5+ are eligible for a 75% camper scholarship**
- of less than $100,000 AND household size of 5+ are eligible for a 50% camper scholarship**
**for up to but not greater than 4 weeks duration per camper and not to exceed 9 weeks per family (may be limited to certain weeks of the summer and will be dependent on availability). *The list below (How to Apply Items 1-3) will help give us a clear picture of scholarship eligibility 3. Scholarships are limited in availability and must be applied for before April 15, 2021 for the 2021 Camp Season. 4. New Campers Only: A written letter of recommendation from a (non-family member) teacher, coach, mentor or equivalent, which speaks about the child’s suitability for a Camp program (particularly behavior and social skills).
How to Apply
1. Email or call Director , Jaime Pickles at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-694-5829 to discuss your intention to apply for a scholarship and to check on availability in your child(ren)’s age group(s). 2. Mail, fax or email a copy of your 2020 Tax Return to: 125 Lakeview Street, Sharon, MA 02067 or 781-636-2126. Social Security numbers should be blackened out for privacy. If you are submitting a “self-prepared” tax return, please also submit your W-2 (as evidence of your annual combined household income). 3. In the case of divorced parents, please include evidence of agreed upon child support. Please note: Everwood Day Camp reserves the right to request any of the following documents (in addition to above) in order to fulfill the “annual combined income” criteria).
- Last two pay stubs
- Unemployment check stubs (last two)
- Social Security or disability checks
- Retirement/pension income
- State Assistance (WIC, TANF, AFDC and/or DHCP)
- Self-Employed: Schedule C or other appropriate tax forms
4. Mail or email a written letter of recommendation from a (non-family member) teacher, coach, mentor or equivalent (new campers only). 5. Complete an online Camper Application at: https://everwood.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App All scholarship information will be confidential and treated with the utmost respect and sensitivity to your family’s privacy.
To Enroll Prior to the Completion of Your 2020 Tax Return
Early Enrollments – New families
If you are applying for the Sharon Resident Scholarship for the first time and you would like to enroll prior to your 2020 Tax Return being complete, please submit your 2019 Tax Return for evidence of combined household income. Once ALL of the remaining documents are submitted and your application is approved, the appropriate Sharon Resident Scholarship will be applied (based on the above income eligibility guidelines.) A $300 deposit will be processed with your camper application. Invoices will be emailed for the October 1, January 1, April 1 and June 1 payment due dates. Please remember to submit your 2020 tax information prior to April 15, 2021!
Early Enrollments – Returning families
If you are a returning Sharon Resident Scholarship family and you would like to enroll prior to your 2020 Tax Return being complete, please feel free to complete a camper application to reserve your camper’s space at camp! A $300 deposit is due with your application and invoices will be emailed for the October 1, January 1, April 1 and June 1 payment due dates. Once the scholarship application with current year tax return information is submitted, the appropriate discount will be applied, and statements will be updated. In the meantime, please divide your payment installments in half. Please note: Early Bird, Occupational and Sibling discounts may not be combined with the Sharon Resident Scholarship.